THE GREASE BARRIER
IRELAND’S NO.1 AUTOMATIC GREASE TRAP
About Grease Traps
A grease trap is a necessity in any commercial food preparation facility or in any facility where fats oils and grease (FOGs) are handled. Without a grease trap in place, the grease can clog internal pipe work and cause blockages or interfere with the breakdown of sewerage in the public sewers. Councils around Ireland therefore require commercial kitchens and food preparation facilities to install grease traps under sinks and other waste water outflows that may have grease sluiced through it. However they also save significant costs in eliminating the need to unblock private drains and pipes of grease/fat build up.
Grease traps work by flowing the waste water into a receptacle containing a number of chambers separated by bales that slow the water down suiciently to allow the grease to cool and solidify and therefore float to the top and be trapped by the device. This leaves the water to enter the sewer system grease-free. It’s a system that was originally patented in 1885 and has changed very little since those days, with the exception of the introduction of automated grease removal and separate grease collection chambers.
WHY CHOOSE THE GREASE BARRIER?
- ✔ We are the leading manufacturer of grease traps in Ireland
- ✔ 12 month guarantee
- ✔ Dublin City Council approved
- ✔ Manufactured to exceed all required international standards
- ✔ Built by masters in metal fabrication
- ✔ Built using high grade 304 stainless steel
- ✔ Second-to-none reliability
- ✔ Backed by 24-hour support
- ✔ Proposal for council supplied with order
The Grease Barrier is an Automatic Grease Trap
- ✔ Ideal for very busy/automated kitchens
- ✔ A timer and sensor automatically initiate a skimming wheels to periodically remove grease from the receptacle
- ✔ Reduces the dependency on personnel for maintenance
- ✔ Ensures over 95% clean discharge of drainage aer sink
- ✔ More compact than passive grease traps
- ✔ Ideal when space is at a premium
About The Grease Barrier
Our grease traps are designed to be small enough to fit under sinks and the smallest of spaces, easy to maintain and durable enough to work for many trouble-free years.
- ✔ Automatic grease removal and containment
- ✔ Integrated solid interceptor
- ✔ Analogue time clock
- ✔ Remote grease collection chamber
THE GREASE BARRIER